Monday, December 3, 2012

Great Room Rustic Christmas

Our great room is really the heart of our home, but I've rarely shared much of the room because it is still a work in progress and since it's the main hangout for our TV, video games, etc, it's generally full of kids and their toys. Well, I cleaned it up and took some pictures of the Christmas decor before the kids threw all the pillows on the floor and sprawled out on the sofa!

The room has amazingly tall ceilings and is one of the reasons we loved the house when we bought it, so a Christmas tree in here really needs to be about 12'.  Maybe next year...
Since my mom is currently having her house built and most of her belongings are in storage, I went shopping through her things for additional Christmas decor and borrowed her tree to save some money this year.  Since it's only a 7.5' tree, I added a tree topper with branches, pheasant feathers, picks, etc to add height...
I have a bit of a rustic theme going in this room with the tall stone fireplace, antique tobacco basket, and deer antlers so I kept to burlap, pine cones, coppers and golds for the tree...
The old trunk that I use as an end table by the sofa is tucked behind the tree now...
Just like in my front living room, I kept the Christmas decor on the mantel simple this year...
Since I usually have the white candles on the mantel all year around, I simply added some fresh greenery and copper ornaments...
I only have a couple stockings hung for now, but there will be more before Christmas.  My mom sews these cute stockings! I'll also be putting a few of these in my booth at SuzAnna's Antiques too.  
I excited for family to travel here for the holidays this year!  My brother, his fiancee', and her mother will be here for Christmas and it will be their first trip to NC. I hope our home will be comfortable and welcoming for them...I'll just have to keep those toys picked up!  

Kristen

Linking up to:

34 comments:

Number Fifty-Three said...

Your tree is gorgeous! I especially love the twigs and feather idea as a tree topper.

Angela

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Beautiful!

I visited your booth at SuzAnna's this weekend! Your painted pieces were so pretty, especially the little china cabinet! I have been trying to get to her shop for two years, and finally, was able to fit it into this visit to Raleigh! :)

Pamela said...

Just beautiful!

pam {simple details} said...

What a gorgeous, warm family room and tree Kristen ~ love the idea for adding height!

Unknown said...

This is such a beautiful room. It seriously looks like it's from a magazine! Your tree looks so full and gorgeous, and I LOVE your fireplace. Thanks so much for sharing with us!

Unknown said...

What a great, original idea with the feathers in a Christmastree! Love it!

pastelowegroszki.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

It is all so pretty! Your tree is stunning. Our great room is always filled with toys, too =)

the cape on the corner said...

gorgeous! i love the copper ornaments with the pops of green and white candles.

Katarina said...

Oh my gosh, I love your Christmas tree! It's amazing!

Debbie said...

Let me know if you ever sell the stockings online - gorgeous!! Love your style.

Michele said...

Hi

Your home is beautiful, also, I wanted to thank you for being one of followers. Hoping you have a joyful, peaceful, radiant Christmas full of the light of the LORD.

Sincerely,
Michele
Pearl 13.1

Sandra@Beneath this Roof, Within these Walls said...

Your great room is beautiful. How blessed you are to have so many windows. The stockings are precious, and I love the cushion with the bird on it! Lucky relatives who are going to visit you in NC, which is my favorite place on Earth. As for toys, relax, with children, toys follow, and that is part of the fun and joy of little ones. They grow up so fast, and then you can keep your house picture-perfect. Except that the picture will feel empty, once the babies have homes of their own!!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I love seeing your beautiful great room...you have decorated it so elegantly for Christmas...like a page out of a magazine....!!

Ange said...

Your room looks beautiful! Love the mantel and tree!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Your tree is so beautiful! So natural--really well done!

Kimberly said...

Love your Christmas Great Room !!!!! Where did you get your sectional couch and rug?

Kimberly said...

I love your Christmas Great Room - it will be perfect for your holiday family visitors! They can stretch out on your sofa. By the way, where did you get your sectional sofa & rug?
Happy Holidays!!!

One More Time Events said...

Love your tree...I too love using feathers they are just a nice added touch. New follower!

Calypso In The Country said...

Wow! What a room! Everything looks gorgeous!
-Shelley

Jen said...

I love all those candles!
Its simple but makes a HUGE statement!

Vel Criste said...

What a perfect example of how something so simple can be so beautiful. I love how everything coordinates too with your gorgeous tree!

Linking back from Holiday home

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

Love the simplicity of the copper against the brightness of the green and white! Nice job! :) Visiting from TLC today. :)

Deserae said...

Just gorgeous! Love those stockings too :o)
~Des

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Stopping by from the WOW party to see your rustic Christmas decorating! Everything is so pretty and I love the warmth it gives off! A simple rustic country Christmas!

maggie said...

I clicked over from The Lettered Cottage because the simplicity of your mantle is so appealing. I love the copper, white and green!
Your tree is lovely, too.
Can you tell me what type of hanger you used for your tobacco basket? I have one that needs to be hung but the mechanics are tough!

allisamazing said...

Your tree is amazing!

Stacey said...

That whole room is beautiful! I love the lightness and the pillows on the couch. Your tree is so pretty.

I'm sure I've been to your blog before....don't remember. I'm going to snoop around now.

Angela ~ Call Her Blessed said...

So pretty! I have the same garland of Christmas balls! I've used mine on my dining room table this year =)

Kristine at The Painted Hive said...

Wow, this is an amazing room. The windows and ceilings are breathtaking.
I adore the way you have decorated it for Christmas.

Maria said...

How beautiful! I love all the Christmas details, and love the mantel filled with candles!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love the way you topped your tree.

Trisha @ The Sweet Survival said...

Amazing! That is one gorgeous tree! I am in love with that burlap ribbon!

Unknown said...

Relaxing, warm and elegant Christmas decorations! I particularly love the Christmas tree, so fabulous! Thanks for sharing inspiration.

Have a happy holiday!
Marilyn @ Christmas decorating ideas

Unknown said...

Love that rug! Where'd you get it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...