Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Great Day with Miss Mustard Seed and Fellow Bloggers

I've always been so inspired by Miss Mustard Seed.  Not only is she amazingly talented, but her blog is so authentic and a joy to read, so when she put the call out to do some shopping and socializing in Raleigh this weekend, I was so excited to have the opportunity to meet her and some fellow creative women from the area. 

Since the dust from moving has settled a bit, I've been longing to meet some women in the area that share the same creative passions and yesterday fulfilled my wish.  There truly is nothing better than chatting with some new friends and junkin'!  I got to meet wonderful women that are antique dealers, farmhouse fixer-uppers, crafty moms, and it was good day...  Here are some the fellow women that I will hopefully see again out and about in Raleigh:
Brittany - Pretty Handy Girl
We met up at the Raleigh Flea Market and each of us found some great treasures.  I found a typewriter, some fantastic old metal scoops, an ornate silver set, and a chunky old blue glass bottle.  After the flea market, we headed north to Suzanne's Antiques to some more shopping.  Being so new to the Raleigh area, I didn't know about Suzanne's.  What a cute shopping destination!  Here some of the goodies to be had there...




Can you tell that I love architectural salvage?  I will definitely be back to Suzanne's.  After shopping Suzanne's, a few of us enjoyed a wonderful lunch.  Since meeting these ladies, I feel rejuvenated and inspired to continue following my dreams.  It was a great day!

7 comments:

Tammy said...

Kristen, Not only will you continue to follow your dreams I can just see it being seen and sold at the little place outside of SuzAnna's. I hope you follow through and do that with those amazing ladies. I'd shop there you know.
I hope we can get together and do more - we need to hit up Clines..
And I told hubby that your hubby needs a hunting partner and he was very up to that idea.
Tammy

Tammy@InStitches said...

Looks like fun, I wish I would have known cause I would have met ya'll there !

Rie said...

So nice meeting you! We'll have to get together next time I'm in Clayton. What fun!

April said...

Hi Kristen, just found you through Miss Mustard Seed. I am local to Raleigh to...I was busy Sat and could not make it shopping but would have loved to have meet you all. I am your newest follower!

Fiquet said...

How did I miss those amazing columns! Just featured your clock collection farmhousetohome.com

Hollie Joy In The Morning said...

Oh girl!! I almost cried from wishing I could be there and so so happy that you connected!! And I love Miss Mustard Seed too=)!!!
Lots of love
HOllie

Kim said...

Hey Kristen, I so enjoyed meeting you on our Saturday morning adventure! You found some great treasures at the flea mkt. I hated I had to leave from there & could not go to lunch, but I had to complete a job for a customer. Sounds like you enjoyed the rest of the day though :)
I hope I get to see you again soon.
Kim

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...