Sunday, October 30, 2011

Raleigh Historic Home Walking Tour

Despite the fact that our new house in the Raleigh area is brand-new construction, I would have loved to have settled into an older home that is full of charm and character.  When my husband and I first visited Raleigh this past May, we drove around the city to explore a bit.  We'd heard that there was a pocket of beautiful, older homes from our realtor and it didn't take us long to find it...

This is my all-time favorite house...My mom and I call it "The Storybook House".  You can read more about it here

As we drove up and down throughout this large neighborhood, I was immediately smitten and I knew I'd have to come back and take a walk.  It took a few months to get back , but we packed up the kids after work this last week and meandered through the streets, enjoying the fall leaves and warm North Carolina evening. 

I just loved the tropical trees planted in the black urns and those spiders on the columns are great!

Love the vines!



Beautiful Southern Mansion tucked behind classic wrought iron gates

I love the white-washed brick...This one is for sale!


Doesn't this hidden cottage make you want to climb the path and explore?

I would sip my coffee here every morning!

This ornate lattice-work was very eye-catching.
There are street after street of beautiful, inspiring homes, but we didn't get too far as it was getting dark and our two-year-old decided not to ride in the stoller, but we'll be back.

It was the perfect end to a perfect fall day!  Although, our new-construction home doesn't have the mature trees and pure charm these houses have, we still love our new home and it fits our family's needs perfectly.  Maybe when the kids are all grown, we can get a cute little older home?  In the meantime, I'm trying to add as much vintage goodness to our new house and make it as homey as I possibly can.

1 comment:

Fiquet said...

Too funny! You were walking around the neighborhood that I grew up in! I recognize those old homes! The storybook house is amazing :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...