Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Garden-Inspired Christmas Tree

If you recall my Garden-Inspired Christmas Mantel, I've decorated my front living room for Christmas around the colors and existing decor of the room (pale blues, neutrals, birds and nests).  I didn't stop at the mantel with the garden theme...

I mentioned how thin, short, and cheap, my old artificial tree is for this room when I decorated it last year and I was hoping I'd have a new one this year, but oh well. Next year, I'm getting a beautiful, lush Fraser fir because my husband's allergies don't seem to flare up with those...just the pine garlands!
Once again, I went hunting through my house to find appropriate filler for between those branches, and since I'd just bought two huge bunches of dried hydrangeas for $15, I tucked them in all over as well as branches, ribbon, twig orbs, garden pot ornaments, birds, nests, and glass balls for some sparkle...

Everything I used on the tree were items that I already owned, but I did splurge on a set of these adorable silver nests at TJ Maxx...
As for the base of the tree, I used my "trick for a larger-looking Christmas tree" from last year and set the tree up on a side table that is normally next to the wicker chair in the room...
I then filled in around the table with gifts, grapevine orb, baskets, etc...
I still have tons of Christmas shopping to do.  I can't believe it's mid-December already.  With two of my girls' birthdays this week, it's been crazy!  

Upon looking through my pictures, I can't believe I didn't get one of the entire room!  I did find this one with the mantel though...

Hoping you're farther along with your Christmas shopping than I am!

Kristen

Linking up to:

28 comments:

Unknown said...

This is unbelievably gorgeous! Love love love it. PS I'm in love with your sweet little birdie pillow, do you mind sharing where you got it?

Andrea said...

It is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!! love the star on top, well, I love it all.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Really gorgeous.

Debra@CommonGround said...

always love the natural elements for Christmas decorating! It's just beautiful!

Jennifer said...

It's so pretty! Like something from a magazine!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

uhuhuhuh..what a gorgeous tree, I love it! Thanks for sharing. Happy holidays.
FABBY

Atta Girl Amy said...

I've been waiting to see your tree after the glimpses you' gave us. Love it.

And I have those silvery nests, too.

Now, you must share where you find BUNCHES of dried hydrangea for $15. You have to take me shopping there.

Brooke said...

Very pretty and very unique! So cute!


Brooke =)

Pamela said...

It is just gorgeous and love that you sat it on top of a table!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

It's beautiful, Kristen! Love all your ornaments. Great idea on raising the tree up higher and I love how you've concealed the table with presents and baskets.

Trisha @ The Sweet Survival said...

Gorgeous! I love the garden inpspired tree! It is absolutely amazing!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Your tree is absolutely amazing!! I love anything with a garden theme so this tree is right up my alley! It is incedibley creative an dbeautiful!!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Love the hydrangeas. Love all of it!

Unknown said...

I can't believe you were able to just pull that together! It looks professionally designed and is absolutely gorgeous!!! You are a very talented lady.

Unknown said...

Your tree definitely has to be my favorite I've seen so far!!! LOVE it!!!!! Love everything about it!!!

Athena at Minervas Garden said...

I love the little silver nests and the silver bird ornament, as well as the white basket on the floor. It's all so festive and pretty for the holidays!

Brenda Pruitt said...

I love anything garden inspired. And this is a bonafide beauty!
Brenda

Anne Boykin said...

Hi Kristen, Your home is so beautiful and your tree! Oh my, your tree is just gorgeous. The silver nests are the perfect touch. Happy Holidays!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Kristen...your tree is magnificent...love all of the wonderful natural elements....you have created such a showpiece...incredibly beautiful...the faux wood paper goes so nicely with the tree!!...Bravo...standing ovation!!!

Donna said...

What a gorgeous tree! I love the dried hydrangeas, and the birds nests are too sweet!

April said...

I have never seen a tree like this, and I adore it!! Hydrangeas, bird nests, and that star is the prettiest!! So glad you shared this at Wow Us Wednesdays, it's magical :)
~April @DimplesandDelights

Unknown said...

New like from StoneGable.
What a beautiful tree. I also used hydrangea in my foyer tree last year but it was no way near as beautiful as yours.
Thanks for sharing!
Come on over and visit ..
Cheers, Gee

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Can you hear me clapping???? This tree is GORGEOUS!!!! I love every bit of it and want to do this next year! In our master bedroom so I can go to sleep with it!!!! XO, Pinky

The Charm of Home said...

So pretty!
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristen! I found you at Stone Gable. I live in Raleigh too! Meet me in TJ Maxx!

Your tree and all your decorations are gorgeous! Mixing the natural and the bling really worked. We have joined your beautiful blog and I hope you will check us out. Hope to see you around town!

Linda at the French Hen's Nest

Maria said...

What a beautiful tree! Love the theme, and all the decorations! Merry Christmas!

Lindsey said...

This is officially my favorite tree I have seen online this year! I love the theme and green hydrangeas are my absolute fave! I also love the nests and sparkly eggs. Wonderful job! :)

Newest follower! I would be honored if you would stop by toddlindsey.com

Jamie-So Much Better With Age said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I love your blog. I'm a new follower ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...