Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas Home Tour 2012

I thought I'd share a quick round-up of my home decorated for Christmas and pull together some highlights of the Christmas posts from the past month, so pull up a chair and get comfy...


Starting off in the dining room, I added simple wreaths and filled up my long planter box with greenery and ornaments...

In the adjoining living room that shares the same paint color and pale blue draperies, I used as much fresh greenery and garden-inspired elements that I could...
Dried hydrangeas, magnolia leaves, holly, and flocked branches filled out this $5 fir wreath...
I also shared how to make a fresh magnolia leaf garland here...
 I continued the garden-inspired theme to the Christmas tree and antique cabinet that I also have in this room...



The foyer and the front stairs were decorated simply with pine garland, white ornaments, and my antique dough bowl decorated for Christmas...

The great room in our house is really the family hang-out room and is decorated very differently than the rest of our home because of the existing stone fireplace and the need to add a bit of masculinity where my husband watches his TV, but I like it too...
I filled the tree in here with golds, coppers, pheasant feathers, branches, etc...


I kept the mantel simple this year by just tucking fresh greenery and copper ornaments among white candles...
I also included my three girls in some fun Christmas decorating with their very own Kid's Candy Tree...
I was hoping to share my front porch and even got around to painting my vintage theater seat/bench this week, but between some dried up greenery and the heavy winds that broke my favorite lantern the last couple of days, it isn't looking too pretty right now.  I'm off to spend some time with family this weekend!  My first guests flew in last night and we're going to tour Raleigh and have a Christmas baking marathon tomorrow.  Hope everyone is enjoying the Christmas season!

Kristen

16 comments:

Free Art Printables said...

your home looks lovely for the holidays!!!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Everything looks beautiful, Kristen! Merry Christmas!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your home is stunning! Thank you for sharing this holiday tour. Merry Christmas!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Just beautiful!

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

Your home is just so gorgeous! Merry Christmas!

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

Kristen - I can't imagine a prettier home and I am so in love with every single inch of it!!!! You have truly outdone yourself this year. Thinking of you and yours this Christmas. May it be a blessed one. xxoo, Barb

Kristen Rettig said...

Beautifully decorated! I love every room.

Alison Agnew said...

such a lovely
and festive home
you've crafted
for your family

thanks for sharing!


{alison}

Cassie Bustamante said...

it looks perfect! i love the dining room the most- gorgeous home!

Leslie said...

Everything looks so festive. Your mantles are gorgeous!

Happy holidays!

Linda said...

What a lovely home, and such great decorating!

I love the soft colors, with just little pops of color here and there...like the soft blues, or the red on the bird pillow etc.

Such interesting items placed around with care, that give a "lived in" and "comfortable" look...yet with an elegant style.

I am so glad you posted this today! I really enjoyed it.

Merry Christmas!
Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Anonymous said...

Lovely.

Shabby chic Sandy said...

You have done an amazing job with your decorating. Happy holidays!

Michele said...

Your centerpiece is so beautiful and your whole house too.

Merry Christmas,
Michele
Pearl 13.1

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

You're home is beautiufl. Great photos! Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! =]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...