Friday, May 4, 2012

Days O Work & Luckett's Preview

Yes, this is what my days are right now...full of work getting ready for the Luckett's Spring Market on May 19-20!  When I came across a set of these old tobacco press sheets used for pressing images into tobacco back into the 1920's, I had to keep one for my office.  I'll have the rest available at Luckett's in a few weeks...



It's definitely crunch time for me and I apologize for completely neglecting my little blog recently.  I usually do one very large show a year for the last 5 years, but for some reason it's been a bit harder to get things done this time around... maybe it's the two-year-old that is seriously attached to my leg every waking moment.  She's going through an ultra-clingy phase that I hope ends soon :)  Anyway, I still have TONS to do and my house is looking like a store right now, but I thought I'd share a bit of what I've found and been working on for the show...
Please excuse the terrible pictures (this wardrobe is actually black)!  As much as I love to set up and style them properly, I ended up crawling around my full-to-the-brim garage just to get a few preview shots...

This fold-up church seat (it's all one unit) turned out a little more distressed than I planned, but I've got a few more of these to work on.  Here's the before:
A little upholstered nest chair...
I've got several old mantels that I'll be bringing with me...
 Here's a peak at a french-inspired dining set that I've finished up...
I have an abundance of small tables...
I've also scored quite a bit of architectural salvage lately (my personal favorite)...

I'm completely in love with everything about the South -  cotton, tobacco baskets, and this plantation sign is the best!  I don't even care about the rust (hopefully a shopper at Luckett's won't care either)...
Speaking of rust... I generally don't pass up an affordable antique scale, rust or not...

I almost finished sprucing up this card catalog yesterday,  I need to find another drawer pull!
I just love this watercolor of a bed and breakfast located on the North Carolina coast....might have a hard time selling this one!

This is just a tiny bit of what I've been up to.  I took a ton more pictures of finished projects that I'll be sharing in the next couple of days.  In the meantime, I'll be out in the garage working!

You can find more of my projects for the Luckett's Spring Market here.

Kristen

Linking up to:


11 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Such great pieces, Kristen! So many beautiful pieces of furniture; it must be difficult to part with some of them.

Cassie Bustamante said...

you have some awesome stuff!!! i better start saving my money.

"Alone again.... naturally!" said...

Wow, that is a crazy amount of work you have going! I especially love those architectural salvage pieces (drool). They are very hard to come by where I live.

Full Circle Creations said...

Everything looks great. I love those corbels. I just wish I lived closer so I could attend. Good luck. Can't wait to see what else you've been up to.

Holly

Our Pinteresting Family said...

Your work is amazing!! I'm actually going to the Lucketts market for the first time ever this year. I'm so excited!! Megan

Elna said...

Lovely things you have and I understand you have a lot to do. I just love the nest chair, it's beautiful. Have a nice weekend.

Hugs
Elna

Atta Girl Amy said...

I love your stuff and so excited that I will get to see it in person at Lucketts. Do you ever do the Raleigh flea market? (I'm in Greensboro. )

dee dee said...

So many great finds! I'm sure you will have a great booth!
dee dee

Debra from Bungalow said...

I hope to be making my first trip to Luckett's.....hope to meet you there!

Your creations are just beautiful!

Unknown said...

wow! glad i found you! im loven all your stuff! I'll b at the Lucketts Fair also (shopping) hope to see ya then

Beth @A Little Country House said...

love your stuff, right up my alley.The bumblebee chair is my fav!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...