Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Cash Wrap - Just in Time!



I can't believe that it's Luckett's time already! I'm scheduled to get the trailer tomorrow and my husband and I will load it up in the evening and we'll turn around and leave the house at 5:30 am on Friday morning to get to our set-up time in Leesburg, Virginia (6 hrs away).  I've never been a vendor in a show this far away and have been very lucky in the past years that The Farm Chicks Show in Spokane, WA was only a short 15-20 minutes from my house. On the other hand, this will be the first show that I will not be struggling trying to load and unload furniture and set up a booth with small children.  It's such a giant relief not to have a playpen or baby in a backpack or any other worries with kids running around.  Call me crazy, but it's like a little vacation!


Anyway, I've been on the hunt for weeks for a small dresser, table, or anything that can work for a cash wrap area for my booth.  I gave my cash wrap away to another vendor at the last show before moving to Raleigh last year.  Everything I've found was too big, too expensive, etc and with less than a week before the show, I was getting worried until I found this...

I was able to finally take a trip over to Cline's Antiques here in NC and after poking around in the old chicken barns, I spotted it and knew that it was coming home with me! Of course, it was covered in dust and needed to be cleaned and painted.  I just finished it just in time...
I painted it with ASCP Coco and Old White and the inside is a pale blue "oops" can that I had laying around. Coco might be one of my new favorite chalk paint colors now.  Now I have the perfect little stand to wrap packages without taking up half of my booth!
As much as I would have liked to have a large, double-booth, it's my first time being part of the show and I can only haul up a small trailer load of furniture even though I have enough for two booths in my garage!  Speaking of garage, I snapped a few more pictures of some more items that will be showing up at the show...
Another Cline's find...


  I'll be sad to part with my rocking horse, but I never found a good spot for him in my new house.

Wouldn't this antique projector look great in a theater room?   I've got one more furniture project to finish tomorrow and lots of packing, but I'm getting excited...and a little nervous!


Kristen


Linking up to:

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man.. Now I feel like I need stand.. Argh! Coming over from MMS, I will be a first time vendor at Lucketts this year, only coming from Richmond! Can't wait to check out your booth you've got some yummy stuff! - Susan

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What a great piece, Kristen! It looks like it will work perfectly for you and it's not so big that you can't store it until your next show.

Liz said...

Thanks for commenting! I am getting so excited for the weekend, and I'm especially looking forward to making some new friends!

I hope the drive and set up goes smoothy, and I'll be sure to stop by over the weekend. I'm in the field of gold. You?

Elna said...

What luck you find a new one, it's beautiful. Have a great time!

Hugs
Elna

Unknown said...

love the cash wrap & im so excited to see the rest of your creations! Boy the antisipation nis building!!! only 2 more days!!! see ya @ Lucketts!!!

Stacey said...

Good luck at your sale! That check stand is awesome.

I always consider the Funky Junk and Junebug sales a little vacation too...my husband keeps the kids at home and I get to hang out with my Mom and Sisters.

dee dee said...

Wow... so many good things, I pray you sell out fast!
dee dee

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Hope ya have one awesome show!!

Blessings,
Linda

Miss Charming said...

That window is amazing! Have fun at Lucketts and lots of good luck! (I wish it was close enough for me to attend.)

Anonymous said...

It was great getting to meet you at Lucketts! I took a picture of your table set (that I loved) and included it in my post about Lucketts.. check it out! Hope to catch up soon! - Susan

Jean @ www.thebackyardbungalow.com said...

Okay, now I want ONE! That's an awesome piece!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...