Friday, March 29, 2013

A Little French Room...Updated

Time for a little update!  Do you remember a year ago when I first shared my youngest daughter's "Little French Room"?  Back then, it looked like this...
The big furniture pieces were in place and despite wanting to keep the room simple, it felt like it still needed something.  At the time I posted the room, I had picked out some white ruffle drapes from Target, but just hadn't hung them yet.  Boy, do window treatments always make a difference in a room...

The other big change was adding wallpaper (insert gasp)!  Now, I know that there are some die-hard haters of wallpaper, and trust me, I've spent hours taking the stuff off myself!  I had picked up a few rolls of very expensive, French-inspired wallpaper on a going-out-of-business sale a while back and although I didn't buy it for this room, it really added some interest to the large blank wall behind the bed...
I wanted the bed to remain the focal point of the room, so I was hesitant on hanging any artwork around it to compete.  My mom is a wallpaper guru and she hung it (perfectly) last summer when she was staying at our house.
My daughter (Summer, 3) loves it and she'll count the little pink and blue french chairs on it.  
All the other furniture has basically stayed the same.  Summer uses this little flea market table that I re-painted last year all the time!  She'll sit and color or read books here for a while.  It's hard to believe that I only have a little more time with her before she's off to school like her big sisters. 
I didn't decorate much for Easter this year, but Summer and I put together this little egg tree for her room a few weeks ago.  I think she thought there was chocolate inside as I later noticed some teeth marks on one!
On the other hand, I know it's been a little quiet here on the blog the last few weeks and it isn't that I haven't been up to anything.  It's been quite the opposite around here as my booth has been keeping me hopping.  I've been completing furniture projects and hauling them up to the shop almost immediately without any time to stop and take a picture (except some fuzzy ones with the phone)...
I've been "spring cleaning" in the garage and trying to thin it out, so there have been some great deals for customers lately.  Don't forget to follow my Facebook page (here) where I've been posting some furniture/booth updates.  I've also been deep cleaning my house inside and out because of a big event next week...stayed tuned for that.

Kristen

Sharing here:

20 comments:

aarond said...

A room for a princess for sure. I love the bed and I do like the wall paper too. Please stop by my blog and join me to rad about Missouri Farm Life and lots more.

Debra@CommonGround said...

that bed deserves to to be the center of attention!! such a precious room, have a wonderful Easter weekend!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love the curtains, Kristen, and the wallpaper is gorgeous. Nice updates!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

The curtains do make a HUGE difference in a room and I love the ones you have here. Hope you and your family have a wonderful EASTER!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Atta Girl Amy said...

Is the big event what I think it is?

Unknown said...

Her room looks so beautiful with the drapery and wallpaper (yes, I said it)-
what wonderful memories she'll have of the love you put in her room.
Have a wonderful Easter

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

The bed is so adorable and perfect for a little girls room. Lovely wallpaper too!

Amy Kinser said...

Such a beautiful room! I don't like wallpaper normally, but your choice behind that gorgeous is just perfect.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Oh that room is gorgeous Kristen...always loved seeing that gorgeous bed...and hey, what's your mom doing in her "spare time" ... I have a powder room that needs wallpapering!...She did a fabulous job!!....I am sure that your booth is keeping you busy as your beautiful pieces do not last long before someone gives it a good home!...you have got my curiosity going...big event?...can't wait to hear what that is...!!..May I guess?!!

Happy Easter to you and your family Kristen!!!

Blondie's Journal said...

I love the room and the wallpaper is a great addition. Never feel pressured to go against what you want, I think wallpaper is making a comeback and there are so many new products that make removing it a breeze! Now...if I could just get your mother here to put some up for me!! ;-D

XO,
Jane

Meredith @ The Laundry Can Wait said...

Just yesterday I was telling my husband how much I LIKE wallpaper! It made all the difference in your daughter's room, too. I LOVE IT!! Like, seriously LOVE it. And wherever did you find the settee? It's perfect.

XOXO,
Meredith

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I adore that bedroom--that bed is so pretty. The whole room looks perfectly magical.

Suzy said...

This is such a sweet room, Kristen. And that wallpaper is the perfect compliment to the bed without taking away from the beauty of it.

Vanessa Greenway said...

Hello! Stopped by SuzAnna's yesterday only to find a lovely dry brushed wicker lamp shade that came home with me. :) You had some many wonderful things, wish I could bring more things home... Happy Easter! Vanessa

lynn cockrell said...

This sweet bedroom looked very pretty before. The added touches(I especially like those ruffled curtains)were a great finish to the room. What a great room for your little one to grow in, as it isn't just for "little" girls.

Leena Milligan Lanteigne said...

What a lucky little girl to have this bedroom! So beautiful! My 3 year old grand babe would love it! She's all into princess things and would probably think that the gorgeous bed is a princess bed! I think that the wallpaper makes a nice backdrop for the bed's details! Hugs, Leena

Anonymous said...

Love the curtains, bed, wallpaper...love it all!

Robyn said...

Hi there, Happy Easter! Im a new reader to your blog and I am really enjoying it!.. Your daughters room is beautiful and that bed is simply gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

Oh! It´s like a princess room *-*

http://mariablancoshop.blogspot.com

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Still such a darling room!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...