Monday, February 11, 2013

Duck Egg - Butterfly Dresser

I hope all of you had a great weekend!  After spending a solid day cleaning out and organizing our garage and then another day finishing projects and running them up to SuzAnna's to restock the booth, I'm a bit beat.  It's amazing how quickly a garage can get unorganized and messy when you have a bunch of furniture and woodworking projects mixed in with kid's bikes and toys, stray Christmas stuff, and the never-ending pile of kid shoes by the door.  It also feels amazing after it's all cleaned up and this time...it's going to stay that way...I hope.  Anyway, I finished up this little dresser yesterday in time to bring it up to the shop along with another dining set since the French Bee set went to a good home over the weekend.

I love coming across plain, flat-front dressers because they are like a blank canvas all ready for paint (sorry about the fuzzy phone "before" pic)....
I painted it with two coats of "Duck Egg" Chalk Paint and used the French Wreath with Butterfly graphic from The Graphics Fairy too add some interest to the piece and painted the graphic in Maison Blanche "Vanille".  I heavily distressed the paint, sealed with wax, and although I was intending on spray-painting the hardware white, I felt that they would compete with the painted image so I left the antiqued-brass as it complements the Duck Egg color.
I think this would make a cute dresser in a girls room or even in a foyer in place of a console table.  Now that my garage is cleaned out, I'm hoping I can get out this week and tackle a large sideboard that's been out there calling to me.
I'll leave you with a funny story... Last week as I was leaving the grocery, an older gentlemen said to my three-year-old and I, "Have a nice day ladies".  As we were walking away, my daughter looked up at me and said..."You're not a lady, you're a furniture painter!"  Ha!  Too funny!  I'm going to remember that one for a long time :)

Kristen

Linking up to:

25 comments:

Vanessa Greenway said...

Simply beautiful! Lovely design. Blessings, Vanessa

Our Pinteresting Family said...

So beautiful, Kristen. :)

Amy@eatsleepdecorate said...

Very cute and makes me excited for Spring! Just wanted to let you know that I stopped by your booth this past weekend! It was my first time at Suzanna's! Everything looks beautiful! Also, Let me know if you are still interested in the Reclaimed Barn wood from my brother!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Beautiful makeover, Kristen! Love the color and that graphic is fantastic.

Unknown said...

Turned out so nice-I have a highboy just like that and now the brain wheels are a turning-lol

Junebug Furniture and Design said...

Lovely! The graphic is a perfect match!
Oh My the words of babes! So adorable!! I have to say, last week Oliver (now 4) came out of the gym daycare and told us he wants to be a girl!! Worried???

Xox Glad

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

What a sweet story! Your dresser is PERFECTION!!!! It is so creative and beautiful!

PJH Designs said...

Beautiful job Kristen!
Hugs Peggy PJH Designs

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I LOVE IT!!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I love your daughter's comment :) Gotta love kids! You do beautiful work--the dresser looks amazing!

Bente said...

Love the dresser. It`s beautiful

Sharon said...

The dresser turned out beautiful! Great work!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Just gorgeous Kristen....I am sure by the time I am writing this comment that dresser has been long gone from your shop.....and so glad that the bee dining set found a good home!!

lynn cockrell said...

Kristen, your dresser looks so pretty. Love the French butterfly theme!

Rita said...

oh, your dressed is stunning. love the color and the graphics.
you really did an Amazing job. yes, it would look perfect in a girl's room.
rita

One More Time Events said...

This is just Beautiful... great job! Would love it if you came by and shared it at Share it One More Time www.onemoretimeevents.com

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Great job...very pretty!

Donna Wilkes said...

Great transformation. Lady! You are a talented painter. Love the colors.

Unknown said...

Oh SO pretty! And so unique too! I've seen lots of French Scripts and designs, but never a butterfly with the pretty plant designs up the sides. Gorgeous. I'm in love! And I have a soft spot for Duck Egg. Pretty much my favorite color ever. The lighting that you took the pictures definitely brought out more green in the paint, which is funny because sometimes it can look really blue sometimes! New follower!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful transformation!!!
Hope you had a heart filled day - you furniture painter you lol
Hugs,
Suzan

Unknown said...

You are amazing! This is gorgeous!
I would love if you link this to my party happening now!
XO
Isabelle
http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com/2012/08/gorgeous-french-country-home-decor-looks.html

Unknown said...

I love the dresser, duck egg blue is one of my favorites. Did you transfer the image with projector?.
I'm a new followers of yours. You have a very nice blog!

The Charm of Home said...

That is my favorite AS color. Love what you painted on it! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Unknown said...

Wow! You did a brilliant job! Sharing this Friday over at my place. XOXO

photog-ATL said...

Thank you for sharing. This is beautiful, but the link takes me to a graphic showing a partial wreath with a bumblebee. Do you have a link to the graphic with the butterfly? That is what I'm interested in.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...