Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Fourth of July Birthday Bash!


My youngest daughter, Summer, has a birthday right after the 4th of July so the two celebrations tend to get combined!  Although she's a couple weeks away from turning 3, I thought I'd share our family's get-together from her first birthday in case you were looking for some inspiration for your upcoming 4th of July bash... 



 
We just had a simple party with family at my mom's house.  At the time, we were having vintage sales at her property so we had plenty of "props" to use like an old red barn door, vintage blue outdoor chairs, and enamel tubs for drinks...
 We kept it light and fun for the kids with goofy star glasses and Pop-its...
For the food table, we draped red-checkered cloths with vintage linens and had quite the spread of casual, summertime food...
Of course, the birthday girl made a huge mess of her cake... I think all one-year-old's do!
We had such a great day...sometimes those casual parties are the most fun!
Wow, those little baby feet are full-blown toddler feet now!  With her birthday around the corner again, I've got to start planning.  What are you up to for the 4th?

Kristen


Linking up to:

19 comments:

Rasonda @ East Conolly Cottage said...

So cute and it looks so fun. Your kids are lucky to have such a cool mom!

Darlene Payan said...

It all looks great and the kids are having so much fun. Happy Fourth.

Blessings,
Darlene

The Tablescaper said...

Looks like everyone had a blast!

- The Tablescaper

Debra@CommonGround said...

What a wonderful celebration! Love all the casual goodies, but besides the adorable girlies, love those great blue metal chairs!!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

What a delightful birthday celebration. The food is all so perfect. Love the photos and those tooties take the cake.

allisamazing said...

Looks like so much fun!

Unknown said...

What a great event! I can see why all involved had an awesome time! I love how you put the cherries and grapes in the baskets. Easy access for hungry little hands!

Creations By Cindy said...

Seriously a cute blog you have! Love it all but the little feetsies are so sweet! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

The Hen House Chicks said...

Beautifully done; looks like a magazine spread!

The Hen House Chicks said...

Beautifully done; looks like a magazine spread!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I love your table set so charmingly for the party!
Such great colors,such great ideas!
Cute kids too!
Cindy

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

What a cute post! I thought the stacker with the cherries stole the show until I saw those chubby baby feet! :) She's precious! Your table is so country fresh--I LOVE it! (And I DO love that "stacker" too!!) Happy 4th and happy bday to the little one! ~Zuni

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

What a a spread! Your table is absolutely beautiful and festive! Stopping by from Tuesday's Treasures.

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Adorable birthday celebration.

Dee

Meaningful Mama said...

I feel like I've walked into a different era, and I absolutely love it. Jodi @ www.meaningfulmama.com

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh what a fabulous picnic and the children are so cute. Hugs, Marty

Hollie Joy In The Morning said...

A-dorable girls as always=) And love all of the vintage and food touches! Leave it to you to do it so well!!=)
HOllie

scrapsara said...

I have the exact same blue (plastic?) bucket with handles as I see in the first picture. Do you by chance remember how you decorated it with stars??

scrapsara said...

I have the exact same blue (plastic?) bucket with handles as I see in the first picture. Do you by chance remember how you decorated it with stars??

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...