Saturday, May 18, 2013

Little Honeybee Dresser, Updated Booth Pictures, and House News

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I scored quite a bit of furniture at a local auction that I'm slowly getting through, including this little petite dresser.  I think it was an old washstand and after staring at it a bit, I decided to remove the top wooden piece.  It just wasn't working for me...

It's a cute little size that would be perfect in either a child's room, extra bath storage, or even in a foyer.
I knew that since it's sort of a "rustic" piece that I would be distressing it and making it "cottagey".  After painting it out with Annie Sloan's Duck Egg (I've been on a Duck Egg kick lately), I decided the drawers needed a little something...
Since I've painted flowers, butterflies, etc on the fronts of other dressers, I decided to go with some simple bee silhouettes on this one.  If you look at a picture of a bee silhouette, it's pretty easy to just free-hand these and I'm not an "artist".  I just painted these with just plain, white acrylic paint, and distressed them (and the whole dresser).  I then followed up with wax, buffing, and new hardware. 
I also framed up another bird print in a barnwood picture frame and hauled up quite a bit of new items for my booth at SuzAnna's Antiques last night.  Normally when I go to the booth, I have my youngest daughter with me, no camera, and am in a big hurry.  I was able to snap a few pictures last night, but since it was dark, they aren't the best...
You many recognize a few pieces from my other blog posts :)  I'm in major "purging" mode with the impeding move and am really editing down... Four moves in three years will make you want to get rid of everything you've ever owned.  
   

I'm off to get some more projects done and getting the house all cleaned up and ready for the home inspection in a couple of days.  Yes, we accepted an offer two weeks ago, but we've been waiting on official approval from the relocation company that is handling everything.  Things are moving a lot faster than I thought, and at this point, we'd better get serious about finding a place to live or we'll be homeless soon!
Have a great weekend!

34 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love this little chest, it looks amazing and your booth is wonderful. You have some real treasures there, Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

OOOhh lots of pretties in your booth Sophia. Luv the little duck egg chest.
Good luck on the move.
Happy Weekend, Gee

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

This is such a great space, Kristen! I love how you have everything set up, too. The dresser turned out really cute. I'll have to try a stencil on my next piece {because I'm horrible at free hand drawing!}.

Victoria's Vintage Designs said...

Love the dresser & your space looks awesome!

Kirby Carespodi said...

Duck Egg is my "go-to" color. Love the bottle drying rack--can't make a trip to Raleigh until the end of the month, though. Dangit!

Christy @ MCH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

cutest dresser ever, loving the lil bees
And dying over the bird print

Unknown said...

Just stopped by your booth this past week. Might have to head back over since you've added all the pretties! I have been coveting the cotton stems in all of your photos... do you find those locally? Keep the inspirations coming :)

Unknown said...

I just stopped by your booth this past week... I might have to head back since you added all your pretties! I have been coveting the cotton stems in all your photos. Do you get those locally? I'd love to get some from you. Thanks for all the decorating inspiration.

Debra@CommonGround said...

LOVE the dresser and I'm having a fit over that amazing bird print. Believe me, if I lived close by, I'd be there buying it. Your booth space is amazing!! Glad to hear you have a contract and that things are rolling!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Kristen, Your booth is fabulous! I would get totally carried away in it!!! So many interesting items.
What a sweet dresser! Wouldn't it look great in a kids bathroom... for extra towels etc!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Darling little chest you have here...sure it will go FAST! Congrats on the contract...how all goes well. Always enjoy seeing your booth pics:)

Blessings,
Linda

Debbie said...

Love the chest and your space! Best wishes on the move!
Debbie

Suzy said...

Love the little chest, Kristen! You have such a great vision. Your booth is looking great. I need to get down for a visit soon.

Unknown said...

Such a cute little dresser! I've been on a duck egg kick too...it's probably one of my favorite colors!

Cassie Bustamante said...

that little chest is adorable! :) i love the bees- the perfect touch!

Katie said...

Wish I lived closer to your booth, it looks fabulous. I love the bird print, where did you get the print? Love your house too!!

Unknown said...

Love your booth! Will you have a booth in Greensboro? I especially like the bird print and how you framed it. :)

Danielle said...

Your both looks fabulous, I'll have to make a trip over to SuzAnna's soon. That's so great that you have an offer on your house, I knew it would sell quickly.

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous - I love the colors!
~Katie

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Now that is a great space!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love the dresser Kristen...the bees are perfect!..and your booth looks fabulous as always!!!

Jamie-So Much Better With Age said...

This is gorgeous! You did such a great job! I’d love it if you could link this up to our party, Give Me The Goods Monday! {1 party, 4 blogs}
http://www.somuchbetterwithage.com/2013/05/give-me-goods-party-9.html
Have a great week!
Jamie @ somuchbetterwithage.com

Botanic Bleu said...

The dresser with the bees is great! Your booth is fantastic, too. I would love to visit it in person.

Judith

blessedbeyondmeasure said...

LOVE the dresser!! Would look adorable in an entry!

Rita said...

What a beautiful transformation! . If you get a chance, please share this on my linky party: http://suburbsmama.blogspot.com/2013/05/sunday-link-party-8.html

Kerry@homecrushblog.com said...

This piece is totally darling! Nice work!

Kerry@homecrushblog.com said...

This piece is totally darling! Nice work!

Michele said...

I love the little bee chest. It's a good thing I can't get to your booth since I want many of the things in your pictures, and would have nowhere to put them!

One Shabby Old House said...

I think Duck Egg Blue has to be my favorite color. I love what you did with that cute little chest and the bees are wonderful. Beeeautiful!

Inspired by you said...

Love to visit your booth. Looks like a lot of goodies. Really liked what you did with the dresser.

Nest said...

I enjoyed meeting you today! Your blog is wonderful just as I knew it would be and I love your booth space at SuzAnna's! Duck Egg is my absolute favorite Annie Sloan color too.
Hugs, Heather@Nest

Sumaya at Evocative Vintage said...

The dresser is darling and your booth is super beautiful!:)

Well done with the feature at GF!

xx
Sumaya

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

Kristen,
My heart aches for you b/c I remember the pain of moving. Yes, you wish you owned a pair of jeans and a toaster when it comes time to move. I always purged, but somehow managed to get all the "stuff" built right back up again before the next move. Congrats on your home selling so quickly, especially in this market. Your booth is wonderful. Very shoppable!

xxoo

Denise C said...

I just discovered your blog and Facebook page. What I've seen so far is lovely! Can't wait to explore more. I shared a photo from this post to my Facebook page for booth vendors - VintageShowOff. I gave credit and a link.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...