Monday, October 22, 2012

A Blogiversary...of Sorts

I can't believe it's already been a year since I shared a peek of my brand new home just outside of Raleigh, NC and entryway table with a fall vignette!  I'm declaring it a "blogiversary", but in reality, I really started my blog all the way back in 2009!

At that time, I'd been painting furniture and selling my vintage wares at The Farm Chicks Show and other local shows in the Northwest and needed a website to communicate with local customers when and where my next sale would be...
Life was crazy back then...I had just given birth to a very sleepless third baby girl, was constantly working on furniture, jewelry, etc to keep up with sales, and trying to hold it all together while my husband worked INSANE hours as a CPA in an understaffed firm. 
 
I never took "before  and after" pictures of all the house projects and furniture transformations to share on a blog...huge, huge regret, but my life just wasn't there yet.  
In those hectic years since I set up this little blog, I moved twice (including a 2,600 mile move), went back to work full-time, and continued to be in as many local shows as I possibly could.  There were times that I  lived so remotely that we didn't even have the Internet to blog!  But why do I share all of this?...
Because life settles down, kids grow older, a bit of stability is gained... If you've longed to blog, share your dreams, DIY projects, and connect with so many like-minded and talented individuals but just can't find the time or your life is in chaos...don't give up!  
After moving to Raleigh a year ago and getting two of the three kids in school, I've finally found the time to cultivate my little blog.  There's something so satisfying connecting with those that "get it" in the world of blogging and here locally.  Through this blog, I've met some wonderful people that I probably would have never found!  
Many of these wonderful people are you!  From the handful of readers from waaaay back then to those that recently started reading my blog.... thank you, thank you, thank you!  You all encourage me with your wonderful and sweet comments that keep me going and keep me posting!  This last year has been pretty amazing for me as I was able to be a vendor at the Luckett's Spring Market, a committee member and guest speaker for the Southern Bloggers Conference, as well as just opening up a booth at the local SuzAnna's Antiques.  All the while, I've been slowly transformed my builder-basic house into a home.  I'm excited about this upcoming "blog year" too... I have so many goals and dreams that I'm working to get in place this year and I look forward to sharing it all with you!  

Kristen

11 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Congratulations, Kristen! I think you've certainly made up for time with all the lovely posts you've shared with us over this past year.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Kristen...I am so happy that I found your beautiful blog and have gotten to know you through the conference...I look forward to some future projects together and reading your fabulous blog...Your life has certainly been hectic these past several years, but through it all you rise to the top overcoming bumps in the road and making life wonderful for your family and for us readers!!...I am blessed to have come to call you a friend!!....Congrats Kristen...!!!...You are one talented lady...!

Suzy said...

Blessings to you sweet Kristen. You are such a talented young lady. Your passion for what you do shines through and through. I consider it an honor to call you a friend! It was great working together on the planning of the Southern Bloggers Conference. I look forward to the next year of your blog too!

Debbie said...

Happy Blogiversary! I am so glad that I got to meet you! I love all your work and I'm glad you kept going! I could not have said it any better-connecting with those that "get it"!!! Have a great week.
Debbie

Jenny said...

Congrats! What a major year you ahve had!!

Unknown said...

Hi Kristen!
Congrats!!! I'm a newbie blogger, so I can't even imagine what life will look like for me in a year. Right now I'm just taking it day by day and getting lots of inspiration from great bloggers like you!! I LOVE your blog!!! Hugs!!!

Unknown said...

So many congratulations to you! I love seeing the things you create and visiting your blog. :-) Thanks for writing for us!

Holly said...

Happy Blogiversary! I'm so happy you made the move to NC and I'm looking forward to getting together more and seeing what you have in store for your 2nd year here!

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Happy Blog'aversary! Enjoy your blog and your clever, crafty beautiful makeovers! You are a very talented lady! :)

bondgrl said...

Kristen, I am so very, very proud of you and all that you have accomplished. I love seeing the beautiful things you create. You are AMAZINGLY talented, and hard working...and I'm not just saying that because you are my niece. ;)

Jessica @ Simply A Farmer's Wife said...

I just found your blog tonight & cannot wait to catch up! Your style is gorgeous! And those cotton center pieces are to die for! My husband is a cotton farmer so I might just have to duplicate those. I love the table too. I bought a desk that looks almost exactly like that several months ago. It's been sitting in our tobacco barn since I purchased it. Anyway, I'm rambling now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...