Friday, January 11, 2013

A New Color, Booth News, and Future Projects

I love trying new colors of paint.  There really isn't any color that I don't really like either...maybe orange, but  even in the right shade and setting, I can appreciate orange.  When I paint furniture for resale, I almost always use pale blues and greens, whites and creams, colors that I use in my home.  Lately, I've been branching out a bit more and painting with colors I'm not normally drawn to as well as some saturated ones...have to change things up a bit.

I recently bought a can of Aubusson Blue Chalk Paint and I'm really lovin' it. It's a crisp, clean blue and goes well with many colors.  Of course, when I get a new color, I seem to want to paint everything with it for a while.  Anybody else like that or is it just me?  The first time I tried it was on these side tables...
It was such a brighter blue than I was used to and I wasn't ready for it :)  I ended up mixing one-half MMS Milk Paint in Ironstone with one-half Kitchen Scale and got this beautiful blue.  I then sanded down to have some of that Aubusson Blue peeking through.  I got a little braver for the next table...
I just love the shape of this table and wish the wood hadn't been so damaged by an ink spill.  Because the nailheads are brass, I thought the Aubusson Blue would be a perfect complimentary color.  Sorry for the grainy pics - not the best lighting in my booth today.
I kept right on going with my brush and painted and distressed some black picture frames that I framed up some cute bird pictures.  It's a fun color to use!
Speaking of booth...I'm happy to finally share a few pictures with you.  I don't think I've ever posted any pictures of it before?  I'm generally in a rush, have a toddler with me, and/or don't have my camera with me!  I started out at SuzAnna's Antiques in October and the past few months have flown by, but I've really loved being a vendor there so far.
It's just been a modest, little booth which has been nice to have as I've finished projects around the house and to allow for the holiday season around our home, but I'm excited to be doubling my booth size in February!  Yay!  It's going to be a busy next few weeks getting furniture painted and scouting for some new stuff.  I had the chance to go pickin'/junkin' a few weeks ago and brought home a few project pieces...
These were taken on my i-Phone, but I was happy to score some Empire-style dressers.  For some reason, I have a hard time finding those without having to pay a fortune. I'm excited to get started!

Kristen



24 comments:

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Your booth looks outstanding...love that china cabinet. Looking forward to seeing the bigger booth.

Blessings,
Linda

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

You've got a great booth, Kristen! I'm sure your bigger space will be great, especially with the furniture you do over. I'm hoping to get a booth this year myself.

Unknown said...

What a luvly assortment in your booth. Congrats on the booth space and the getting a bigger on next month.
Cheers, Gee
PS... luv the 2 blue side tables.

Blondie's Journal said...

I would LOVE to visit your booth if I were ever in the area. You have some many gorgeous pieces. Keep up the good work!

XO,
Jane

Debra@CommonGround said...

Love your space, and that blue is really wonderful!

Meredith @ The Laundry Can Wait said...

I wish I lived close by so I could shop at your booth!

Hugs,
Meredith

Sandy said...

Just discovered your blog while visiting Kim at Savvy Southern Style. I love your style! I'm folllowing along now.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kristen,
I love your booth and I'm hoping to see it in February when I head to my brother's in Raleigh. My sister and I love to come there.

hugs
Sissie

Sharon said...

Your booth looks great! I'm hoping to visit my sister in law in March in Fayetteville, and I'd LOVE to add your booth to our list of "must see"! I love your work!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Love your favorite room at Savvy Southern Style. You did a beautiful job. It's a soothing, comfortable and elegant room.

Gypsy Heart said...

So many pretty things! Now, I'm a lover of color so that table would be perfect here. :)

Good luck with the new space!

Pat

Gypsy Heart said...

So many pretty things! Now, I'm a lover of color so that table would be perfect here. :)

Good luck with the new space!

Pat

SImple and Serene Living said...

Love your booth and your mater bedroom is fabulous. Happy to have found you from Savvy Southern Style.
Laura

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Kristen...your booth looks wonderful as always...just today I was looking at the Aubusson blue with a neighbor friend of mine....I really love the color!!
Can't wait to see your "expanded booth"

srpprcrftr said...

I'll take one of everything, don't I wish. lol I'm loving everything I see in your booth and those blue tables I drool over. Love blue anyway but the combo you made is excellent with the Aubusson blue. I'm making a note of the colors you combined.
I love tables and ones that are different shapes and style so your cute little blue kids are perfect. Will you be selling them as a pair or seperately? Wish I lived closer to you. Probably good thing I'm not as I'd be in trouble all the time.
Good job

Unknown said...

Oh.. love the Aubusson Blue table with tacks all around it. And Blues are making a huge comeback..
Think we can always edit and add to a pale color scheme with a few wonderful accessories. You should do well with the addition of new colors.. congratulations on your new booth. Hoping it does
well. Looks like fun shopping !

Diana@107Vintage

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I'd be in trouble too if I lived near by, love your booth and you do beautiful work!

Kelly said...

You have some beautiful pieces for sale in your booth! That XL doughbowl looking thing is amazing. I bet it's fun to find pieces to paint. I would probably want to keep everything for myself though.

Unknown said...

You always have such wonderful projects! I love reading your blog. I wanted to invite you to come link up at a party on my blog. It is a link party for OLD projects--so that we can hopefully get more traffic to our blogs using projects we've already posted. Come over and remind us of some of your favorite projects!
The link-up is live now.
http://www.dosmallthingswithlove.com/2013/01/hello-and-welcome-to-first-oldie-but.html
Hope to see you there!
Nancy

Anonymous said...

So happy to have found your blog through From My Front Porch To Yours... what a wonderful feature on finding your style. I'm a North Carolina gal too and so glad to know about SuzAnna's Antiques. I will jump over there soon when I am visiting my daughter in Chapel Hill.
melinda

Katarina said...

You have a lovely booth! :-)

Dina said...

WOW! I really like your work!

Tammy said...

Hey fellow furniture painter and junker..love it all. It looks like Clines in one of those pictures from your Iphone..did you finally make it out there?

tammy

Melissa said...

Hi,

Just found your blog and I love your work! I live in Cary, NC and paint furniture, too. Would love to stop by and see your booth sometime in person!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...